Electric Vehicle (EV) Chargers & Optional Standby Systems [May 2, 2023]
Electric Vehicle (EV) Chargers **AM Session**
Optional Standby Systems **PM Session**
May 2, 2023
8:00am - 12:00pm, Electric Vehicle (EV) Chargers
12:30pm - 4:30pm, Optional Standby Systems
- NJ - 4 / 8 Hrs
- PH - 4 / 8 Hrs
- DE - 4 / 8 Hrs
- MD - 4 / 8 Hrs
- CC, MD - 4 / 8 Hrs
- HC, MD - 4 / 8 Hrs
- QA, MD - 4 / 8 Hrs
Electric Vehicle Chargers (AM session)
- These and many more questions will be addressed and answered at this workshop:
- Do I need a permit to install an electric car charger?
- Will the city of Philadelphia and other areas issue me a permit?
- Where am I allowed to install a 4 ft. tall charging station?
- Am I allowed to go underground to the curb line?
- Am I allowed to go overhead to reach the curb line?
- What do I do if the manufacturer’s instructions conflict with the NEC rules?
- Should I install a level one charger or a level two charger?
- Is there a minimum or maximum height for location?
- Can I really just plug my charger into a 15- or 20-amp receptacle circuit?
- Does a 30-amp or 50-amp 240-volt receptacle require GFCI protection indoors? Outdoors?
- Are all car charger cable connectors interchangeable?
- Can I get a rebate for purchase of an electric vehicle?
- Can I get a rebate for purchase and install of an EV charger?
- Can I really charge a vehicle without using a cord and connector?
- Is it possible to have my vehicle battery power up AC circuits in my house?
Optional Standby Systems (PM Session)
- This class will review how to size a generator correctly and what factors influence the final choice of kW size. How to install according to the manufacturer and NEC rules will be explained.