Generators *ONLINE COURSE* [January 22, 2021]
January 22, 2021
Class: 8:00am - 12:00pm
NJ - 4 Hrs
PH - 4 Hrs
DE - 4 Hrs
MD - 4 Hrs
CC, MD - 4 Hrs
QA, MD - 4 Hrs
This class will show you how to size the generator correctly and what factors influence the final choice of kW size. How to install according to the manufacturer and NEC rules will be explained.
- Can I put in a small generator and let the homeowner do the load shedding by turning off breakers?
- What is load shedding anyway and what are the ways to accomplish this?
- Do I have to install a transfer switch for the building owner?
- What is a suicide cord?
- How do I do a load calculation?
- How do I know I need if a load calculation is needed in the first place?
- Is it okay to have 2 generators at one facility? One for emergency and one for optional circuits?
- Is it possible to supply 3 different loads, (1) emergency (1) legally required and (1) optional loads from 1 generator?
- Do I need to install two ground rods for the generator? One? None required?
- How do I know if I have to follow the rules for a separately derived system or not?